Pages

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

2/21/2014 Change

by Manish Garg
 
If I had to call 2014 anything, I’d call it a year of change.  Good things have happened and bad things have happened.  The one thing we all seem to know about change is that it is difficult and, at times, terrifying.  Of course, this is not the case for all of us; change can also be a time for the end of a vicious cycle, the end of monotony, the beginning of something new, the opportunity to practice a side of us that we choose to forget about sometimes, and maybe strengthen it.  I thought I would take this opportunity to talk with the group about the idea of “change” in life, “change” in the world, “change” the color of one's shirt, change in anything really, big or small.
 
For those who weren't there for the last discussion I led, my format is generally very open and unstructured.  I will come and talk about my perception of change and then ask everyone about their perceptions of change, talk about the fear associated with it, how necessary it may or may not be, where it comes from, mythos associated with it, etc.  I may lead us into a stream-of-consciousness-like discussion that carries us through everything that has been on our minds, maybe a journey through change.  It is all very experimental, just like it was last time, and I hope it goes well.


No comments:

Post a Comment

What did you think?