Pages

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

11/16/2012 Honesty and Society

by Tyler Molander

I aim to talk about a personal philosophy of mine, which is that: honesty is the best way to go through life. I also aim to explain why being honest or dishonest significantly effects how society functions. I will do this by giving my theories of how humans process the world around them and how they can take honest, genuine actions. I will explore that being honest to yourself and others is obviously the most genuine action that you can take. With this, that taking an honest action is an expression of "who you are", and a dishonest action is NOT an expression "who you are". With this, I will explore my ideas about concepts of "identity" and why I think "identity" is meaningless. We may ask ourselves a few questions...


What is our "identity"?


Why does our "identity" matter?


How do we express our honest selves if we do not understand our "identity"?


What IS a honest action?


Why is dishonesty so detrimental to society?


Why does society have so many "problems" and how are they "solved"?


I aim to end the discussion with everyone attempting to be as honest as possible to each other. I aim to have a discussion where everyone can be equally allowed to be honest with whatever is truly on their minds following the mission of this club, which is to attempt to provide a nurturing environment. With this, each person has to try to remember to first be honest with THEMSELVES and then with each other. Before this discussion, I aim to explain how this can be done with virtually no negative results. That negativity ("blacks are bad") as well as positivity ('whites are good") are both merely constructions of the mind; which lead not to negative results, rather dishonesty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What did you think?